top of page

Annie's Project

Hello Everyone,

I hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable Hallow's Eve. I have to commend the creativity of the folks in my community for making trick-or-treating festive, fun, and covid-safe. It was so wonderful to see everyone out and celebrating in a mostly traditional fashion. It is my hope that we will have many more holidays to share together.

I can happily announce that I have completed the BF101 class. There was so much useful information that I know I will revisit frequently. I cannot sing enough praises about the class moderator/instructor. Even though the class turned out to be different than what I expected, it certainly was worth every moment. There is a lot of behind the scenes work that goes into any business, including a farm, and BF101 provided a broad introduction to all of it. It was a real eye opener!

But, as they say, ONWARD AND UPWARD! Tonight I had the pleasure to begin an new course provided by Annie's Project - Risk Management. There was a TON of information covered this evening around building a business plan, which is one of the most crucial steps for a successful venture. I am feeling very optimistic after our first class. I really would like to see these programs continue. This class will take me right up to when our bunnies are due to be born, so I will need to switch gears once again. But if there is one thing I'm learning fast, it is that a farmer must always be ready to quickly switch hats!

We will be breeding Floof and Stormcloud soon. They continue to do well, although I have noticed they have not been as active. I did some research and it seems that rabbits can be affected by the decrease in sunlight just like us humans. I think I will try to get a light source for them that would provide the full spectrum and see if that helps. It could just be the cooler weather though. I am not at all worried at this point, just making some observations. A farmer friend once told me that one of the most important things you can do is just observe.

I believe I mentioned in last post that we are currently experimenting with hydroponics. I am happy to report that the seed pods we started in the hydroponic set up have already germinated and are growing beautifully. We have three micro greens currently growing. I think we will observe for another month or two before deciding what we will do with this information.

Well, it's getting late and there is still much to do (as always!) Stay hoppy friends!

15 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page